Skip to main content

Hello Again

Well hello again! It's been a while I know since we last chatted, but it's finally time to dust off the ol' blogeroo. Because I got a very special package in the mail this week.


Yes friends I am so very very happy to report that it is once again happy drug time in my world! I actually just finished my first Lupron injection and it's just like riding a little pokey stabby bicycle. These are just the little baby needles. The big mamas don't start for another few weeks.

Ok so to back it up...last I wrote my IPs were on the hunt for an egg donor. For various reasons they decided not to put Baby Mama through another retrieval. The idea is to just complete their family, and to do that they needed another player in the game. Hooray! The more the merrier. Team Baby Makin' welcomes her aboard.

It took some searching, as I'm sure it would for any of us. Trying to scour through the list of donors to find the person who will contribute half the DNA of your awesome little baby is probably quite the task. But after some searching Baby Mama and Baby Daddy found just the right egg for their little chickie to hatch from. And I couldn't be happier for them.

So as it always is in the world of surrogacy it's been a lot of hurry up and wait. Hurry and find an egg donor! Now wait while we do some fertilizin'. Well they fertilized, and once again only one little embie made it to the finish line. But no worries! I started out as one embryo and so did you. That's all it takes. And that little one passed the PGD testing, so we have the green light for transfer!

Now I'm super psyched because I got my calendar and looked at our transfer date. May 19. Would you believe it's the official one year anniversary of our match!? Boy time flies. It also happens to be the adoption date of Baby Mama's beloved super spoiled fur baby. I'm totally certain these are all good omens.

So as of now I'm officially a human pin cushion again, and I couldn't be more excited! I have a saline ultrasound this week to check out my lady bits and make sure the ol' womb is quite recovered from the D&C. I also started weight watchers last week to try and drop some of this baby weight....from the little microscopic tiny baby I had in my body. But also just to get healthy. Since I started I realized I wasn't eating as great as I thought. I want to be as healthy and fit as possible when the newbie arrives in my uterus.

Woohoo!! It's time to get a bun in this oven and get to bakin'!....mmmmm....bacon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy and Me

I've been meaning to update since our group psych meeting last week, but I was in crunch mode since we decided on a last-minute trip to visit my in-laws to celebrate our nation's freedom. The irony is not lost on me. So last week we had our group psych evaluation, which I was told about three hundred times is "an industry standard" by the lady doing our psych evaluation. I'm not sure any of us were super opposed to the meeting, so I don't know why she felt the need to assure us that EVERYTHING IS NORMAL!!! lol Umm it made me feel a bit like maybe everything was not normal. But that's psych evaluations for you. I was a little nervous that I was going to have verbal diarrhea and just blurt out all kinds of craziness all over these people, so I made the Hubs meet me there so he could grab a muzzle if need be. I just had so many questions and things I wanted to say to my IM since we have the weird no contact thing going. I just felt so in the dark about ho

The Journey Begins

I think my love of pregnancy stems from my mother. She always talked about her pregnancy with me as the most beautiful time in her life. She was always so positive and uplifting when describing her pregnancies that I think she partially brainwashed me into thinking pregnancy was magical and wonderful.  My own pregnancies were every bit as amazing as I imagined they would be. I was plagued with morning sickness before I even got my first positive pregnancy test. I had severe backaches and my cankles were glorious. My acne flared up, and my hair got so thick it seemed greasy. People kindly told me I was "all belly", but I think they actually meant that my entire body looked like a swollen gut. But none of it distracted me from the fascination I felt the first time I took a foot to the ribcage. The entire process of growing a human being inside my body completely blows my mind to this day.  I was the crazy pregnant lady who knew what day my baby would grow fingernails or when

Which Came First? The Surrogate or The Egg?

Aside from wondering how I'm going to "give up" the baby once he or she is born, people also wonder how I'm going to explain things to Sunshine and Sweet Pea. They're not quite sure how my kids will understand that I'm going to be pregnant for all this time and not bring the baby home.  What's funny is how accepting and understanding Sunshine already is. This isn't her first rodeo with me being pregnant. But I'm pretty sure when I brought Sweet Pea home she didn't really understand that this little squirmy thing was actually the reason I was so fat for all those months.  Also I'm not sure she was sold on the idea of Sweet Pea living with us for an indefinite amount of time. I'm actually still not sure she's sold on the idea, and it's been two years. Sweet Pea is still in a trial period as far as Sunshine is concerned. And while I wanted to give her enough information, I didn't want to overwhelm her with tales of fertility