Skip to main content

Paddling Right Along

We're moving right along with all our formalities and we have our phone consult with the transfer clinic Tuesday. I don't know that we will get our calendar then, but it is one step closer. 
It's been a busy week all around, and the biggest change has been my Sunshine starting kindergarten. 
Again I'm so glad our transfer was delayed after all because my hormones were already a mess. I waited until I got out of the building to lose it, but oh boy did I lose it. Blubber everywhere. 

I don't think the constant reminders from Sweet Pea helped. "I miss my sissa" she said all morning. 


But we made it through our first week, and to celebrate we took a trip to the coast. We packed up the camper and headed to the beach, which was just a hop skip from Baby Mama & Papa!

I asked if they wanted to meet for lunch, but they totally rocked my socks by asking if we wanted to go paddle boarding! I'd never been, but I'm always game for a new adventure so we said heck yeah. 


It was a blast! It was way easier than I thought. I just knew I was going to end up face down in the water most of the day, but I didn't fall once! 

I even managed not to drown the kids. Win. 


The best part was our girls getting to meet Mama and Papa. Sunshine is vaguely aware that I'll be hatching an egg for them. But to put a face with a name was really neat. 
 Ya know how they say kids are a great judge of character? Well suffice it to say that these people must be pretty decent because my two mamas girls wanted to ride on Baby Mama's board before we even left the boat dock!

It's really funny because I was honestly too scared to have my girls on my board at first because I'd never done it before. Since Baby Mama is a pro I felt like they were super safe with her, and they must have too because they willingly left my board and climbed up on hers. 

We paddled around and she was so sweet and gentle with them, but she made sure they had a lot of fun too. She helped them into the water when they wanted to swim, then back on the board when they were done. 

It was sweet to see her taking such great care if my babies, and it really made me realize how excited I am to take care of hers! 

After our paddling adventure we threw on some clothes and met for lunch. It was so nice to just be able to hang out with them and get to know them a little better as friends. 

We were talking kids when the manager walks up to check on us. For whatever reason this lady starts blabbing about how she's preggers and how she's already disciplining her fetus. I secretly giggled to myself because that poor woman has no idea what she's in for. 

But I also thought about Baby Mama. I remember when we were waiting to get pregnant with Sunshine how insufferable I found pregnant women. I wonder if she feels the same way.  It was always annoying to me when people would ask stupid questions about when I would hurry up and get pregnant. I know they meant well but I couldn't help it. I felt the same way toward that manager today. I was like quit flaunting your pregnancy in front of my face lady. We're trying to get pregnant here, and we'd rather not hear about your rambunctious baby. Get your fetus out of my face. 

If Mama felt that way she didn't show it. They are both such sweet and kind people. And they're going to be naturals at parenting. In fact our server thought the girls belonged to Papa and asked him if they needed any barbecue sauce. I answered for him, but he must've just looked like a Daddy sitting next to my kids. He did help them with their crayons and what not during lunch. It was pretty cute. 

They brought little gifts for the girls, which again was so sweet. I got them a little something in Key West, but I'm saving it for our transfer. 

All in all it was such a great day, and I hope our families remain friends for a long time. I feel so lucky to have found such a great couple, and seeing them with my girls today made me realize what incredible and deserving parents they will be. 

More updates to come after our phone consult on Tuesday!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy and Me

I've been meaning to update since our group psych meeting last week, but I was in crunch mode since we decided on a last-minute trip to visit my in-laws to celebrate our nation's freedom. The irony is not lost on me. So last week we had our group psych evaluation, which I was told about three hundred times is "an industry standard" by the lady doing our psych evaluation. I'm not sure any of us were super opposed to the meeting, so I don't know why she felt the need to assure us that EVERYTHING IS NORMAL!!! lol Umm it made me feel a bit like maybe everything was not normal. But that's psych evaluations for you. I was a little nervous that I was going to have verbal diarrhea and just blurt out all kinds of craziness all over these people, so I made the Hubs meet me there so he could grab a muzzle if need be. I just had so many questions and things I wanted to say to my IM since we have the weird no contact thing going. I just felt so in the dark about ho

The Journey Begins

I think my love of pregnancy stems from my mother. She always talked about her pregnancy with me as the most beautiful time in her life. She was always so positive and uplifting when describing her pregnancies that I think she partially brainwashed me into thinking pregnancy was magical and wonderful.  My own pregnancies were every bit as amazing as I imagined they would be. I was plagued with morning sickness before I even got my first positive pregnancy test. I had severe backaches and my cankles were glorious. My acne flared up, and my hair got so thick it seemed greasy. People kindly told me I was "all belly", but I think they actually meant that my entire body looked like a swollen gut. But none of it distracted me from the fascination I felt the first time I took a foot to the ribcage. The entire process of growing a human being inside my body completely blows my mind to this day.  I was the crazy pregnant lady who knew what day my baby would grow fingernails or when

Which Came First? The Surrogate or The Egg?

Aside from wondering how I'm going to "give up" the baby once he or she is born, people also wonder how I'm going to explain things to Sunshine and Sweet Pea. They're not quite sure how my kids will understand that I'm going to be pregnant for all this time and not bring the baby home.  What's funny is how accepting and understanding Sunshine already is. This isn't her first rodeo with me being pregnant. But I'm pretty sure when I brought Sweet Pea home she didn't really understand that this little squirmy thing was actually the reason I was so fat for all those months.  Also I'm not sure she was sold on the idea of Sweet Pea living with us for an indefinite amount of time. I'm actually still not sure she's sold on the idea, and it's been two years. Sweet Pea is still in a trial period as far as Sunshine is concerned. And while I wanted to give her enough information, I didn't want to overwhelm her with tales of fertility